Frequently Asked Questions

Being a contractor with constant deadlines I did not have time to manage my company finances as well, I trusted Dave and his company with handling my company accounts and was not disappointed. His approach is relaxed and easy going, but his knowledge of the UK contractor tax system... read more

Mr Garry Dixon
Company director

Frequently Asked Questions

What if I have no PAYE/NICs payment due?
At the end of each month or quarter (Jul, Oct, Jan, Apr), you must make the appropriate PAYE / NIC payment to HM Revenue & Customs (HMRC). If you have set your salary level below the lower earnings threshold, no payments will become due; however, you must inform HMRC of this at the end of each quarter. If you fail to notify them that you have no payments due, you will receive payment reminders.
You can inform HMRC quickly and easily using their online notification service which can be found at - You will need to have your accounts office reference number at hand.
Annual Return

All companies registered in the UK must file an Annual Return at the end of each financial year. Your company's Annual Return is a legal document which provides Companies House with a snapshot about your company, including the following details: 

  • Name of the company
  • Registered number and registered office address
  • Principle business activities
  • Details of company secretary
  • Type of company eg: private or public
  • Details of company directors

You can use Companies House's online web-filing services to submit your annual return. An online filing fee of £14 is charged for this service.

Contracting in the UK?

Considering contracting in the UK can be a daunting thought, with the ever changing UK tax legislation and the number of options available to contractors, such as umbrella companies, PAYE, limited companies, or the self-employed route. It can be a confusing and an information overloaded experience!

If you are an existing client of our accounting services, then please login below.

Need to speak to one of our consultants about our Accounting Services.

Call us 020 7415 7175